Saturday, October 11, 2008

Labrador Records

Labrador Records is an amazing label out of Sweden, focused almost entirely on indie pop artists - most of whom sing in English. A lot of fun is to be had here - and one of my favorite current bands is published by them.

I tried not to duplicate artists from YZBL's mix a week or so ago - and actually overzealously left off a couple great bands because I mistakenly thought she included them. Whoops.
  • [ingenting] - Punkdroemmar
  • Aerospace - The Only Things We Share
  • Club 8 - Missing You
  • Douglas Heart - A Question of Gender
  • Edison - Sunday, Lovely Sunday
  • loveninjas - I Wanna Be Like Jonny C
  • Pelle Carlberg - Go to Hell, Miss Rydell
  • Sambassadeur - New Moon
  • Suburban Kids with Biblical Names - Loop Duplicate my Heard
  • The Legends - Lucky Star
  • The Mary Onettes - Void
  • The Radio Dept. - Why Won't You Talk About It?
  • Waltz for Debbie - Once Upon a Time
Love it!

2 comments:

wasteful said...

there were several songs on this mix that struck me as really bland, but here are my thoughts on the ones i enjoyed the most...

aerospace: not bad at all. it had a strong twee sensibility that i liked, yet didn't go overboard.

radio dept: i had really disliked previous songs from these guys, but this was good.

suburban kids with biblical names: the band-name had me worried, but the song was nice. it reminded me of a cross between jens lekman and architecture in helsinki, both of whom i love.

the mary onettes: pretty strong bunnymen/cure vibe in this song. i'll have to look into more of their songs.

Soror YZBL said...

Yay this one! I'd heard most of the bands on here, but none of the tracks. I loved the mary onettes' song, SKBN, aerospace, and sambassadors songs, but my favorite was probably actually waltz for debbie, who I hadn't heard before and reminded me of Republic era New Order with Cathy Dennis singing.

My least favorite was probably radio dept, which is odd because I usually like their stuff. :(