Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Alcest & Amesoeurs Mix

Alcest is a musical project from Avignon, France. Beginning as a raw black metal act in 1999, Alcest later became a vessel for Neige's "memories of another world" as the band evolved into his solo-project. While Alcest still retains some black metal roots, the music now draws more comparison to other genres such as shoegaze and post-rock.

During Summer 2004, Amesoeurs was formed by Neige, Audrey Sylvain, and Fursy Teyssier with the purpose of creating music that reflects the dark side of the industrial era and modern civilization.
Organic, introspective black metal from France, led by Neige (also in Alcest, Peste Noire, Mortifera, etc.), the music combines the early/mid-90’s black metal sound with moments of post-punk and female vocals.

tracklisting:

01 alcest - printemps emeraude
02 amesoeurs - bonheur amputé
03 alcest - le secret
04 amesoeurs - les ruches malades
05 alcest - sur l'autre rive je t'attendrai
06 amesoeurs - faiblesse des sens

download via rapidshare

2 comments:

ShiningIdeal said...

Hmm, now I am not getting songs from your packs... odd.

Well, I only lost one so I feel comfortable going through this fabulous work.

The first two Alcest tracks are wonderful to have on while reading. Just the right amount of attention to be split between the two areas. The composition keeps you interested, hooked in while your eyes are otherwise engrossed.

Les Ruches Malades is very pleasant as well - pretty.

The third Alcest song - wow. Completely pulled me out of what I was doing while listening and demanded I focus on it the whole time.

The last Amesoeurs song was a little more musically intriguing than the other that I have but I think I enjoyed the front end more on the previous and I'm pretty much a sucker for that.

Soror YZBL said...

I'm going to be all folksy and tell you a story. Back in the late 80's or so, a friend of mind gave me a dubbed copy of Jane's Addiction's live album on a 90 minute cassette. On the back of the tape was fROMOHIO by fIREHOSE. I instantly became a fIREHOSE fan, and asked if they had more. She dubbed me a copy of If'N, but on the back, she had "Prison Bound" by Social Distortion. Of course, I ended up liking Social D better and they've been one of my faves ever since.

The point to this, my fellow prisoners, is that Alcest was awesome. Very atmospheric, dreamy yet disconcerting. Like an evil dream or something. Amesoeurs, though, I absolutely LOVED. They remind me of about a zillion amazing bands, everyone from Hawkwind to the Cranes to the Replacements to In This Moment to the Sundays to Joy Division to the Cure to Monarch to the Gathering - pretty much I'll say that if you took my entire musical collection and compressed it into three songs, those would be the ones you selected from Amesoeurs.