Friday, September 5, 2008

Sleep


Sleep is a legendary stoner/doom metal band hailing from California. They play some of the most mesmerizing material the genre has to offer, featuring vocals that sound like chants prophesying  the end of the world, ensnaring bass lines that grab the listener without letting them go and occasionally subtle guitar solos that sneak in under the cover of the bass yet still manage to blow your mind away.

  1. The Suffering
  2. The Wall of Yawn
  3. Dragonaut
  4. Aquarian
  5. From Beyond
  6. Sonic Titan
Download

Note: I would also recommend the hour-long epic "Dopesmoker" to those who love Sleep's work. I won't upload it since it is an entire album, but it is an amazing song and an amazing experience in general.

2 comments:

ShiningIdeal said...

Well - thanks to this blog I'm certainly becoming more conversant in metal...

These guys are interesting, and I could really see myself listening to them - not something I say often. If only there was less screaming I'd be very interested in their style. Really I'm very glad I try and come in to these with open minds as there was some very interesting stuff in here musically/composition.

The songs Aquarian, Dragonaut were probably my favorites from this particular set.

wasteful said...

competition in the doom metal field!
sleep is an awesome band. "dragonaut" is a fucking anthem!