Friday, August 29, 2008

Gentle Giant




Gentle Giant is one of the most experimental bands of progressive rock genre, being put under eclectic prog on the prog archives.( Acquiring the Taste has credited at least 30 different instruments). The group's most popular line up consists up of Ray Shulman(bass), Derek Shulman(vocals), John Weather(drums), Gary Green(guitar), and Kerry Minnear(keyboards). Gentle Giant produce 12 albums before they disbanded in 1980.

Gentle Giant Compilation

1.Giant
2.Proclamation
3.Advent of Panurge
4.Edge of Twilight
5.Giant for a Day
6.Shadows on the Street

2 comments:

wasteful said...

i love gentle giant.
i already have the records, but i downloaded your mix to have something to jam to while browsing the forums.
thumbs extended up!

ShiningIdeal said...

I'm really glad I stuck with this. The first song left me on a very iffy tone but I didn't want to give up on just one bad experience.

Everything else in the pack was pretty enjoyable and interesting. Lots of interesting quirks and hooks to keep my imagination on the music and not wandering and I love that.